Account Executive – Payments
Our Partner is an innovative Payments Service Provider with a European Payments License. Our professional payment teams are operating from multiple offices in the Netherlands. The company enables consumers to communicate, interact and make payments with their mobile technology. As a mobile first PSP, they offer payment solutions for easier mobile, online and app transactions. The organisation develops leading payment innovations such as QR payments and Grab and Go Solutions. In 2020 they will be the innovative payment service provider of the Formula 1 Heineken Dutch Grand Prix.
To further increase the growth and strengthen our client’s payments sales teams, we are looking for an strong Account Executive. In this role you’re responsible for helping the company’s potential clients during the education and selection phase in the sales process. The purpose of your job is to educate clients during the product buying phase and convince them that your service offering is the right fit for them. Customer-centric thinking is part of your DNA.
What you’ll do
With your commercial mindset you are able to identify different new client opportunities in The Netherlands and Belgium with business development (leads) and new contracted payment business as outcome. Typical payment clients are online retailers, merchants, events and subscription providers. Together with the customers you will discuss the opportunity to work together and create product and commercial value. Within this role you’ll need a lot of entrepreneurial skills and commercial thinking.
In addition to these activities, you are mainly concerned with:
- Identify new key customers, generate interest on strategic level and develop sustainable income;
- Negotiate and contract new customers;
- Building relationships with our new clients;
- Attending relevant events and congresses;
- Organize demo appointment or meetings with customers;
- Work closely together with the payment product teams to align the product partnership integration;
- Work closely together with marketing to fulfil the full potential of the new customer relation.
The success in your role is reflected in the number of new payment customers and the commercial outcome of new customers. The success in your role is to help new clients to be the frontrunner in their business.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree;
- You have 3-5 years sales experience in a business-to-business environment;
- Commercial experience in the payments industry is a must;
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are result oriented with a commercial drive;
- You are a self-propelled team player;
- You have great convincing and closing skills;
- You like to develop your skillset on a daily basis to increase success;
- You will speak Dutch and English fluent in written and spoken;
- You are mainly working from our payments office in Utrecht but are willing to work from our HQ in Breda one day per week and with events.
What we offer
- A challenging job within an innovative and international fast-growing tech company with payments offices in multiple locations;
- A competitive salary and bonus structure;
- The freedom to fulfil and shape your job with your own skills;
- Working together with motivated and entrepreneurial colleagues;
- Plenty of opportunity for personal and professional growth through courses and training, by among others the Company’s Academy, and growth possibilities within the Sales Team;
- Regular (social) events such as Q-meetings, meet-ups, Food truck festivals, ski-and summer trips, parties and Friday afternoon drinks;
Competitive package tailored to experience
If you’re interested in the above description, please apply with your CV by clicking on the “apply” button. For questions please contact Niels by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
PaymentGenes is a global consulting and sourcing firm with HQ in Amsterdam. Our founders are payment specialists from Adyen, Braintree, Globalcollect and Optimal Payments.
We engage at a strategic level, we provide holistic advice across the business on product alignment, acquiring, scheme rules and go-to- market planning. Our experience spans across the world and this gives us a unique understanding of the complexities of each different market and a broader view of the global payment industry.