Business Development Manager Retail/Travel
A successful provider of financial technologies solutions for large scale enterprises in the eCommerce space. They are looking for Senior Business Development Manager who will increase the distribution of their eCommerce products to retail/travel clients with cross border payment exposure.
For the (senior) Business Development position, retail or travel, they are looking for an entrepreneurial, experienced, eCommerce, payments, sales/business development manager with a can-do mentality. A senior individual who has been managing complete sales cycles whilst also appreciate to still do sales by themselves on a global scale. This position is based in Amsterdam, but frequent travel is required.
- Develop a clear understanding of the retail or travel industry to create new contacts/ leads;
- Create market analysis to gain a deep understanding of the target area and internally;
- Create working opportunities within specific target companies and refine the sales pitch accordingly;
- Negotiation and closing sales deals;
- Visit customers/merchants/leads on a regular basis promoting/soliciting the company’s services;
- Be an ambassador of organization and increase the awareness and clientele of the company within your network and peer group;
- Create and manage daily pipeline of activity within the specified sector;
- International sales coverage in all regions the organization is active in, but mainly on BeNeLux (the Netherlands, UK, Europe, US, Middle East, APAC);
- Targeting Large Enterprise Merchants across multiple verticals, but in particular; Retail or Travel;
- Traveling for the position will be required.
- 5-10+ years of enterprise business development;
- Successful track record across the eCommerce/retail/travel space;
- Strategy consulting, entrepreneurial or innovative product development experience;
- Understanding of payment industry structure;
- Experience working in a global, international environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: ability to synthesize and clarify through communication;
- Owner and entrepreneurial mentality; willingness to roll up sleeves to meet goals.
A very competitive salary which matches the seniority level of the role. In addition to that, you’ll be given a uncapped commission bonus structure.
If you’re interested in the above description, please apply with your CV by clicking on the “apply” button! For questions please contact Anne Holtman at +31 630719311 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
PaymentGenes is a consulting and sourcing firm based in Amsterdam. Our founders are payment specialists from Adyen, Braintree, GlobalCollect and Optimal Payments.
We engage at a strategic level, we provide holistic advice across the business on product alignment, acquiring, scheme rules and go-to- market planning. Our experience spans across the world and this gives us a unique understanding of the complexities of each different market and a broader view of the global payment industry.
Keywords: Payments, PSP, Payment Service Provider, Merchants, eCommerce, Travel, Retail, Sales, Business Development