Business Development Manager Western Europe
About the Company
We are very excited having partnered up with this RegTech Solutions company that was established to provide TPP regulatory and eIDAS seal certificate checking services along with the issuance of access tokens for FIs enabling them to be PSD2 open banking compliant. The solutions enable FI’s to comply with EU PSD2 open banking regulation and provide open banking services to their customers, confident in the knowledge that they are only providing data to Third Party Providers (TPPs) who are regulated and have the customers “explicit” consent to use their data.
The company was founded by three Financial Service industry veterans seeking to deliver a simple and easy way FIs can comply with the new PSD2 regulations for open access.
Headquartered in the UK, just outside of London our team of professionals are creating a world class solution for every FI in Europe. We are delivering this through utilizing the best in open standards, coupled with unique solutions and most of all a belief that we can deliver for clients a cost-effective solution to their regulatory requirements.
About the role
The Business Development Manager will be responsible developing new business relationships and opportunities and managing existing partnerships for the company’s product portfolio. This individual should be a seasoned business development professional with a background and understanding of the banking and payments markets. The position would ideally suit somebody who has an understanding of the European Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2), and how technology can be used to exploit the new business opportunities that this regulation delivers.
We are seeking a dynamic candidate who can excel in this position through a balance of building on past experiences and continuing to innovate in response to the ever-changing market and industry conditions.
- The individual should be a seasoned business development professional with at least 5 years’ experience of selling software and/or SaaS.
- Someone who has worked in the banking and payments or allied industry.
- Understanding of payment regulation and its implications.
- A person who is passionate about technology and how it can be used to drive new business models.
- Proven success selling into UK and Irish Financial Institutions including Banks, EMIs and prepaid companies.
- Proven track record in building successful executive level relationships with partners, customers and prospects.
- Proven track record of success meeting challenging business targets.
- Own the commercial relationship with client organisations.
- Actively manage commercial relationship with client organisations to maximise revenue opportunities from their customers.
- Ensure sales and referral targets are met to ensure successfully achieving the company’s objectives.
- Lead the full-lifecycle of client engagement to include scheduling and maintaining client visits, assisting in preparing appropriate materials for client presentations, and provide client feedback to concerns or requests for information.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all client contracts and provide contract performance management, working with various functional groups as needed.
- Measure, identify solutions, and communicate contract performance to internal and external customers.
- Serve as liaison to operations in relation to client concerns and contract performance management. Assist in conflict resolution and negotiation to solve complex problems.
- Assist in business forecasting and planning.
- Clearly articulate and package information at the executive level.
- Assist in the content creation and development of marketing materials.
- Represent company at industry events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You are ambitious, dynamic and will have strong management and relationship skills.
- Preferably attained further business and/or marketing qualifications; a strategic thinker with new market entry and cross industry skills and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of Business Development experience ideally in the banking and payments or allied industry.
- Demonstrated success at networking, setting appointments, pipeline building, negotiation, and closing sales to meet and exceed quota.
- Demonstrable success at developing and managing partnerships to maximise revenue opportunities.
- Self-starter; able to define own priorities and deliver projects.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
Competitive package of salary, uncapped commission and other benefits.
For questions please contact Jorrit at firstname.lastname@example.org
PaymentGenes is a global consulting and sourcing firm with HQ in Amsterdam. Our founders are payment specialists from Adyen, Braintree, GlobalCollect and Optimal Payments.
We engage at a strategic level, we provide holistic advice across the business on product alignment, acquiring, scheme rules and go-to- market planning. Our experience spans across the world and this gives us a unique understanding of the complexities of each different market and a broader view of the global payment industry.
FinTech, Payments, Financial Institutions, PSD2, Banking, Banks, API, TPP, Open Banking, Technology