Chief Product Officer – Payments
About the company:
The company is a successfully, innovative payments company specialized in mobile commerce (m-commerce) solutions. They are one of the most innovative Gateway, enabling any merchant to accept worldwide payments through its connection with over 300 different APMs. They possess over 15 years of experience operating the world's most advanced mobile commerce environment.
- Drive consumer growth across the company’s portfolio of existing payments products as well as apply deep subject matter expertise in the payments field to continuously create new and innovative products for our clients and end consumers.
- Own the current and future direction of the company’s product and technological capabilities by identifying and enabling new technologies, always assuming an entrepreneurial approach to continued product innovation and development.
- Transform the payments organization by unifying and integrating the activities of the Product and Technology teams.
- Direct, structure, and build out our product management and development teams in order to maximize resources, recognizing areas of need and being accountable for overarching resource allocation and implementation.
- Own the product road map both strategically and tactically, and communicate the product strategy and vision effectively across the company, with a keen understanding of how to motivate key stakeholders around product delivery.
- Establish methodologies and best practices within the product management organization to optimize efficiency.
- Act as internal champion of the Complete Product Experience.
- Build bridges between legacy operations (Direct Carrier Billing) and future views of the Payments business (APMs, Big Data/ML/AI solutions etc.) to achieve an integrated product vision.
- Engage in all internal and external discussions that will be impacted by the product development lifecycle (advising from technological, commercial, and executive perspectives).
- Oversee the technology strategy, executive-level relationships, budgeting, and the integration of IT and business processes.
- Lead the transformation of our technical architecture to a microservices-based structure, developed by Agile teams.
- Direct the transition toward data virtualization by building out the capabilities and resources within cloud technologies and infrastructure.
- Further company objectives by translating them into technical workflows and objectives that can be achieved at scale and at pace.
- Inform and update the technology stack and developer tools to reflect internal needs as well as current industry and technology sector standards.
- Promote technological innovation across the organization through awareness of new technologies and developments, aligning those innovations with our own long-term strategies and understanding how they can be leveraged within our business.
- Clarify organizational and cultural approach to a new technological architecture and framework.
Skills & Experience:
- + 8- 10 years experience in directing the release and sustainment of a diverse portfolio of products on a global scale, and managing the full lifecycle of multiple products concurrently.
- Demonstrated experience in building and leading a micro-services technology organization with a deep focus and prioritization on the product & Architecture.
- Strong experience working on payments products or other relevant FinTech from a technical perspective, and able to engage engineering and design teams with occupational fluency.
- Deep knowledge of how to develop and run a scalable platform with a globally dispersed team (high-cost, low-cost, off- and outsourcing teams).
- Strong philosophical stance regarding Agile product development and experience driving a complex portfolio of products.
- Successful track record of leading globally dispersed product management teams, comprised of both direct reports and cross-functional groups, to successful product innovation and release schedules.
- Change management experience related to organizational transformation and a proven ability to lead large teams to continued achievement in a transformation environment. Experience transforming technology stacks from legacy/monolithic to containerized, micro-services architecture enabled by DevOps.
- Proven ability to bring together organizational silos and promote collaboration and cohesion among groups across the broader team.
- High degree of business acumen in extracting commercial viability from the product road map, knowing how to utilize marketing and business insights toward the commercialization of products.
- Preferred university qualifications in engineering, information technology, or equivalent work experience considered, as well as an MBA.
If you are interested in learning more about, or applying for, this position please feel free to reach out to either Marek Buenting via firstname.lastname@example.org (+31 6 15 64 27 98) or Thijs Moser via email@example.com (+31 6 40 53 28 18).
PaymentGenes is a consulting and sourcing firm based in Amsterdam. Our founders are payment specialists from Adyen, Braintree, Globalcollect and Optimal Payments.
We engage at a strategic level, we provide holistic advice across the business on product alignment, acquiring, scheme rules and go-to- market planning. Our experience spans across the world and this gives us a unique understanding of the complexities of each different market and a broader view of the global payment industry.
Innovative, disruptive, financial services, eCommerce, account management, business development, payment solutions, SMBs, alternative payment method, PSP, acquiring, strategic, consultative, gateway, APMs, SMEs, Large Enterprises, eCommerce.