Head of Compliance
About the Company
This successful and growing company is currently one of the most well-known and respected in Germany. They are one of the world's leading providers of payment processing and offer a full-service multi-channel payment solution. While they already have an impressive size, they have managed to keep being one of the most innovative and agile companies among their competitors.
To strengthen their team, we're currently helping them with their search for a Head of Compliance and Financial Crime.
This person will report directly into the Managing Directors and will be pivotal in managing the compliant status of the company and formulating and developing future risk strategy. The right candidate will be appointed as the MLRO and assume the associated responsibility.
A highly professional individual who can demonstrate excellent communication and influencing skills across all levels both internally and externally. The candidate must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of compliance regulation including but not limited to – the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF), GDPR, PSD2 and other relevant EU Regulations.
- Setting up and running the Compliance Department at the Luxembourg Office
- Liaising with the CSSF and monitoring the financial crime
- Working closely with the Compliance Departments of other entities
- Managing a small team within the unit – providing guidance, monitoring performance and performing appraisals.
- To develop and integrate the company Risk Strategy in line with business objectives
- Manage the strategic requirements of the client audit programme
- To communicate effectively with relevant Heads of Departments/Board Members.
- Promote an open risk culture across the business maintaining records of risk and providing guidance where existing controls may have failed or require enhancing
- To ensure all changes in regulation are analysed and assessed for impact to the business and any necessary amendments to our risk approach are carefully considered, properly documented and communicated to the business.
- Support and provide assistance with business development to ensure that all new initiatives are appropriately controlled and consistent with the company risk appetite.
- Provide trainings, guidance and support to members of staff and to our clients on AML and Fraud Monitoring and obligations of all individuals to be aware of and report suspicious activity
- Participate in National and international travel
- 3 years minimum experience of AML, Fraud and Risk Management within a financial services environment
- Experience of compiling and delivering AML, Fraud and Regulatory Compliance training
- Ability to work within a rapidly changing environment
- Experience of managing and developing a small team of staff and of providing a first-class service to clients
- Well organised and demonstrates attention to details
- Able to use initiative and be creative in making risk based decisions that support the development of the business without exposing the company to unacceptable levels of risk
- Confident and articulate with an ability to adapt interpersonal styles dependent upon the audience
- IT skills: PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Educated to Degree level
- Knowledge of the payments industry and e-money regulation
For questions please contact Zsofia Toth at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +31611075944.
PaymentGenes is a global consulting and sourcing firm with HQ in Amsterdam. Our founders are payment specialists from Adyen, Braintree, GlobalCollect and Optimal Payments.
We engage at a strategic level, we provide holistic advice across the business on product alignment, acquiring, scheme rules and go-to- market planning. Our experience spans across the world and this gives us a unique understanding of the complexities of each different market and a broader view of the global payment industry.
LocationLuxembourg • Luxembourg