Head of Operations
Our clients is a financial institution licensed and operating from Malta. It offers a variety of payment solutions and e-money products and services. Become part of our young vibrant professional team.
The Head of Operations is key in bringing together and delivering Business, by working closely with Accounting and Finance, Sales, Internal Controls and other Support Services.
The Head of Operations is directly responsible for the overall management of the operation and support of senior management, from an operational aspect;
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Head of Operations is responsible for the following:
a) Managing and overseeing the day-to-day operations and for gaining in depth knowledge of the processes in a prescribed regulatory environment, also across multiple jurisdictions;
b) Drafting, implementing and overseeing procedures and processes in the business lines;
c) Challenging and seeking opportunities to increase efficiencies;
d) Being responsible for the adequate opening, delivery and maintenance of the business lines to the customer (B2B, B2C, B2X);
e) Ensuring that the customer experience is and remains consistent, integral and satisfactory throughout the relationship;
f) Being responsible for the adequate management of operational risks, including also fraud risks and IT-related risks;
g) Managing staff in Operations, delegating work and overseeing performance;
h) Reporting on the performance of the Operations to Senior Management/the Board on a regular basis and as may be required;
i) Drafting forecasts and maintaining applicable budgets;
j) Providing the necessary support to other Departments/Units; and
k) Other tasks assigned by Senior Management.
- A person who is able, capable and willing to “Do” and “Decide”
- A person who is proactive, not reactive
- A good team player, capable of leading motivating and in a fast-paced environment maintaining accuracy and quality
- Ability to take ownership of tasks
- Ability to build relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and wider business.
- Be computer literate and experienced in the use of MS Office
- Excellent Communication and Organizational Skills, with the ability to deal efficiently with different internal departments and external counterparts
- Excellent project management
- Fluent in (writing and speaking) English and any other European Language (ideally Maltese)
- Presentation and Reporting skills
- A First and/or Postgraduate Degree in one or more of the following: Banking, Finance, Commerce, Management or associated subject; from a licensed and recognized Educational institute.
- The candidate should have been working in a management role in FinServ or FinTech (in the EU/EEA), for at least the past five (5) consecutive years.
- Proven work experience in the Payment Services sector (collecting PSP, acquirers) or Experience with New Payment Methods, Virtual Currencies and /or similar products or Experience in I.T. programming and/or security.
Competitive package of salary, equity and other benefits.
For questions please contact Diederik at +31642672190 or by e-mail at Diederik@PaymentGenes.com
PaymentGenes is a global consulting and sourcing firm with HQ in Amsterdam. Our founders are payment specialists from Adyen, Braintree, GlobalCollect and Optimal Payments.
We engage at a strategic level, we provide holistic advice across the business on product alignment, acquiring, scheme rules and go-to- market planning. Our experience spans across the world and this gives us a unique understanding of the complexities of each different market and a broader view of the global payment industry.
FinTech, Payments, Ambitious, Malta, Operations, High Risk