Principal Software Engineer
This successful and growing company is currently one of the most well-known and respected in Germany. They are one of Europe’s leading online marketplace connecting millions of consumers and brands. While already having an impressive product, their payments team is constantly finding innovative ways to create the most user-friendly checkout experience possible.
To strengthen their team, we're currently helping them with their search for a Principal Software Engineer.
- Lead the design of the checkout software architecture. Write and maintain documentation and the technical roadmap accordingly and in line with the company's strategy.
- Design a scalable and resilient system based on the newest technologies, user requirements and needs of the business and define best practices towards patterns together with the engineering teams.
- Engage with software engineering, product management and business stakeholders and define non-functional requirements for the checkout systems.
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering in ecommerce or payments incl. 3+ years of experience in designing and operating highly scalable and resilient systems.
- Expert knowledge in hypermedia driven RESTful API design, distributed microservices and cloud infrastructures.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to share technical topics with bigger audiences even without technical expertise and influence decision making on all levels.
- A technology leader who can convince with compelling arguments and exciting ideas.
Competitive package tailored to experience
If you’re interested in the above description, please apply with your CV by clicking on the “apply” button! For questions please contact Jonathan at email@example.com
PaymentGenes is a global consulting and sourcing firm with HQ in Amsterdam. Our founders are payment specialists from Adyen, Braintree, Globalcollect and Optimal Payments.
We engage at a strategic level, we provide holistic advice across the business on product alignment, acquiring, scheme rules and go-to- market planning. Our experience spans across the world and this gives us a unique understanding of the complexities of each different market and a broader view of the global payment industry.
Principal Engineer, Software Development, RESTful API design, Software Architecture, Technology Leadership, SDK, Payments Integration, Checkout, Dortmund, Germany