Lead Product Manager
This French multinational which is active in more than 40 countries, is in the process of digital transformation and has defined “Payment Excellence” as one of their major strategic initiatives. The business aims to ensure universal payment solutions as well as optimizing their issuing and processing capabilities to ensure reliability and cost effectiveness. As a result of this, the Payments Service Layer has been created with two main objectives:
- On the business side: Build a range of functional modules embedding value-added payment-related services for consumers, merchants and clients, that can be used in different countries.
- On the technical side: Build this layer in total alignment with global IT architecture, in order to make the link between each country’s back-office and/or digital front-office on one side & the issuing processors on the other side.
Responsibilities (but not restricted to)
- Define and own the roadmap (with a focus first on European countries).
- Gain a very good understanding of transformation pillars (New Sales Model, Next-Gen Merchants, Connect with Consumers, Mobile Payment Leapfrog) and Issuing & Processing Strategy.
- Establish a regular communication with other pillars’ transformation to get aligned on business requirements for MVP and subsequent sprints.
- Within each category of Service Layer (Product Management tools, Digital Form Factor enablement, Merchant Interfaces, Reporting Tools), identify all the modules to build according to business priorities, country needs, interface technology (API, Web interfaces, etc…).
- Meet regularly with external providers and start-ups/Fintechs to feed the roadmap.
- Prioritise which modules to set-up according to each country’s migrations on issuing and processing side.
- Define Build/Buy/Partner strategy and business case according to the priorities agreed in the step above.
- For each module, Build/Buy/Partner strategy will need to be defined according to different criteria like: Existing solutions on the market, costs (build/run), authorisations chain and activity peaks, security (sensitive payment data) or certifications requirements (PCI-DSS).
- Execute the roadmap.
- Depending on Build/Buy/Partner strategy, define the resources required to put in place the different modules taking into account that organization and resources may be different (mix of coordination of external partners, internal developments, integration in global IT architecture)
- Deliver first modules fast in order to make this Payments Service Layer a reality thanks to quick wins easily recognized by countries.
- Payments professional with 8-10 years’ experience & a successful track-record of managing cross-functional, international and/or multi-company projects.
- Solid experience of prepaid product management and issuing/processing.
- Visionary, with “out-of-the-box” thinking.
- Understanding of our various stakeholder journeys (Clients, Consumers, Merchants).
- Ability to work with many partners (internal + external), including remote work (via conference call, web and video conference).
- Proactive & able to take initiative.
- Relevant business/computer science degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you’re interested in the above description, please apply with your CV and a letter of motivation by clicking on the ‘apply’ button below.
For further information, please contact Adèle Laurent at +31646745445 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PaymentGenes is a global consulting and sourcing firm with HQ in Amsterdam. Our founders are payment specialists from Adyen, Braintree, Globalcollect and Optimal Payments.
We engage at a strategic level, we provide holistic advice across the business on product alignment, acquiring, scheme rules and go-to- market planning. Our experience spans across the world and this gives us a unique understanding of the complexities of each different market and a broader view of the global payment industry.
Payments, Paiement, Product Management, Transformation, Product Owner, Prepaid Cards, Mobile Payment, Processing