Senior Account Manager – DE
This company, an innovate Alternative Payment Method, has its mission set to become the Globe's most frequently used and preferred method to pay, anywhere. They are bringing together its unrivaled customer data, world-class personalization technologies and unique positioning within the ecommerce value chain to enable other retailers and partners to create unique commerce and purchase experiences that benefit buyers and merchants globally.
This opportunity offers a unique chance to join a fas moving, high-visibility organisation that has the potential to become the world's #1.
What is the Role?
You will work as a Senior Account Manager, building strategic partnerships with Payment Service Providers (PSP's) and Financial Institution’s (FI's) in Germany to drive the acquisition of new merchants. You will also find new PSP partners in which to further scale the business. Your success with these key partners across primarily Germany, will help achieve the company's ambition of being the preferred checkout solution for all customers.
The scope of the role will entail a challenging development target that encompasses:
· Help drive buyer adoption of the payment method.
· Grow existing partner accounts by up-selling/ cross selling additional products and services.
· Using your consultative sales style, you will devise and launch strategic initiatives to drive revenue growth with the PSP to drive merchant acquisition.
· Work closely with internal teams and stakeholders, specifically Sales, Marketing, Finance and Product to drive product-awareness and drive the PSP channel strategy.
· Improve internal business processes, tools, structures, etc. to drive growth/continuous improvement.
· Build and provide regular updates of the Germany, Austria and Switzerland PSP business account plans versus goal and proactively work with the partner and business to use data to determine the fastest way achieve a successful partnership.
· Operating in a fast-moving and challenging environment, the company's high performance bar requires that you are self-motivated and target driven, skilled in phone-based sales/ account management, able to work autonomously and take full control and responsibility for achieving targets.
What we are looking for:
· Support internal teams to introduce new product features to partners.
· Build and maintain a strong commercial relationship with key PSP partners.
· Be proficient at securing new, strategic PSP partnerships.
· Have strong persuasion skills; demonstrating success building buy-in for an innovative and the bold PSP channel vision.
· Experienced, with no problem rolling up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals.
· Excellent at problem solving and issue-resolution, ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
· Team-oriented, with the ability to work with and influence others in remote organisations.
· Develop a deep understanding of the current functionality and value proposition of the company to grow your portfolio.
· Manage partner contract negotiations and re-negotiations.
· Identify and optimise marketing engagements with partners to drive new revenue opportunities.
· Serve as the primary relationship liaison for business, technical and high priority customer service escalations.
· Join project teams and support efforts to define new market opportunities, new business strategies and deep dive analyses.
· Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; comfort responding quickly to rapidly evolving threats and opportunities; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Communication & Reporting:
· Provide content for regular internal business communications highlighting various initiatives, successes, and platform improvement opportunities through voice of the partner.
· Demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making.
· Prioritise the needs of partner in balance with internal business priorities.
· Be accountable for providing information on Salesforce.com and other reporting systems and document creation.
· Fluent in German and English – Mandatory.
· BA/BS and/or a graduate degree in a technical or in a business discipline.
· Proven track record of being a Senior Account Manager, preferably working at a Payment Service Provider, Gateway, Acquiring, or in eCommerce or fast-paced high-tech company.
· Demonstrable excellent negotiation skills and influencing abilities.
· Have first class presentation, communication, planning, and leadership skills.
· Although not a technician, the candidate will be able to appreciate and understand the technical issues surrounding the company's products and technologies.
· Master’s or MBA degree in a technical or in a business discipline preferred.
· Strong knowledge of CRM tools is desirable (e.g. Salesforce)
· Thinks big and has convictions and customer focus.
· Self-sufficient, self-motivated. Takes initiative! Hands-on, yet strategic.