Senior Sales Consultant UK Banks
Senior Sales Consultant – UK Banks
Taking a lead role as a Sales Consultant in our EMEA Banking squad, focusing exclusively on UK Banks, to support their transformation of cross-border payments: we call this market Digital Transformers.
The candidate will bring a depth of enterprise sales, banking & payments experience to capitalise on the company's position in the industry, having first been a catalyst for digital native, paradigm-shifting Challenger Banks such as Revolut, Monzo & Starling. Our success in igniting competition in the market has now brought success in those responding to the threat, with Digital Transformers such as South Africa’s Standard Bank and a soon to be announced major European global bank. This Partner is uniquely placed to help established banks transform; moving away from their legacy technology, embracing third-party providers to deliver competitive, digital, customer focused services at pace. This role also leverages their recent success in being awarded a £10m grant to specifically focus on serving Small Medium Business in the UK. The role is based out of our HQ London.
• Working for the VP of Sales, and closely with the EMEA Banks squad leader to develop and maximise the opportunity within the Digital Transformer market
• Working closely with our Marketing team to research and identify potential clients, drive campaigns, identify decision makers & qualify inbound leads
• Use consultative and challenger sales techniques to establish the value of our SaaS services to prospects (we advocate “Gap Selling”)
• Build and maintain a strong pipeline of relevant opportunities to deliver against sales targets
• Negotiate optimal contracts with clients to meet revenue targets
• Close quality contracts which result in sustainable revenue streams
• Work with our Solutions team throughout the on-boarding of new customers, before handing over to Customer Success and Account Management teams
• Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of the Digital Transformer market segment, especially in understanding how our platform can overcome common problems and their implications.
• Deeply understand clients’ businesses, and both payment and FX needs
• Continuous improvement using against pipeline and sales metrics
Required Skills & Experience
• Highly motivated individual looking for first-class career building opportunity, who thrives on being accountable for their own success
• 8+ years enterprise sales experience
• 3+ years experience within a similar role selling technology to Tier 1 & 2 banks
• Experience within Payments
• Genuine interest and opinion on the wave of Digital Transformation in the banking world
• Strong stakeholder management skills evident by a proven track record of successfully managing
sales into Tier 1 & 2 banks
• SaaS based sales experience
• Consultative, Challenger, or Value selling sales approach
• Proven track record of meeting sales targets in business development / new business environment
• Proven ability to identify and develop new business
• Proven understanding of sales metrics and to use them to build and plan for success
• Strong, repeatable and reliable sales methodology to plan and develop sales
• Outstanding relationship building skills, internally and with multi-faceted Enterprise clients
• Capable of determining dependencies from other company functions, and holding those to account.
• Excellent negotiation skills to secure profitable contracts
• Excellent selling skills built on trust and reliability
• Excellent communicator with the confidence to make messages their own
• Flexibility to travel and spend time from home
• Experience of FX
• Experience using Salesforce
If you’re interested in the above description, please apply with your CV by clicking on the “apply” button! For questions please contact:
Anne at +31 6 30 71 93 11 / firstname.lastname@example.org
PaymentGenes is a global consulting and sourcing firm with HQ in Amsterdam. Our founders are payment specialists from Adyen, Braintree, Globalcollect and Optimal Payments.
We engage at a strategic level, we provide holistic advice across the business on product alignment, acquiring, scheme rules and go-to- market planning. Our experience spans across the world and this gives us a unique understanding of the complexities of each different market and a broader view of the global payment industry.