Strategic Relationship Director
Strategic Relationship Director – London
One of our most trusted partners, specialised in issuing serving Corporates as well as Enterprise eCommerce Merchants in the Travel Vertical is looking for a Senior, Strategic Relationship Manager to join their office in Amsterdam.
Given they take great pride in maintaining a great relationship with their clients, combined with the fact they serve most of the high value accounts within Travel they are seeking an experienced relationship / account manager with commercial business acumen to manage their largest merchant account. This account makes up one of the highest percentage of company income, and the Senior Relationship Manager must build and maintain a strong relationship with them. This person will be the lead point of contact for all key client matters globally, anticipate the client’s needs, work within the company to ensure deadlines for the client are met, and help the client succeed.
The Senior Relationship Manager's responsibilities include developing and implementing the strategic plan to grow the account, managing and strengthening the client relationship, identifying new business opportunities maintaining a thorough knowledge of the employer’s Corporate Payment’s business and offerings, and coordinating with internal teams to deliver on client expectations.
- • Developing a solid and trusting relationship between the client and the company.
- • Achieving assigned sales targets and maximise profit by up-selling or cross-selling
- • Developing a complete understanding of the customer’s needs across their organisation
- • Making actionable and insightful recommendations for new products, extensions, or enhancements
- • Strategic planning to improve client results
- • Managing communications between the client and internal teams
- • Managing the account team assigned to the client, e.g. Operations, Finance, Solutions
- • Negotiating contracts with the client and establishing a timeline of performance
- • Establishing and overseeing internal budgets within the company and the external budget with the client
- • Working with marketing teams, managers, and team members from other departments (fraud, risk, product, compliance etc.) dedicated to the client account to ensure the highest quality of materials are being produced and all client needs met
- • Planning and presenting reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies or company training
- • Analysing client data to improve acceptance and drive use of multiple payment methods
- • Expanding the relationship globally by working closely with the company’s regional teams
- • Meeting all agreed upon client needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines
Requirements and Qualifications
- • Ability to develop an in-depth understanding of the client, their business model(s), vision and their position in the industry
- • Eager to drive sales by expanding the existing relationship across all the customer’s brands and business units
- • Seven to ten years’ work experience in Enterprise sales or relationship management
- • Able to analyse data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
- • Proven results of delivering complex client solutions and achieving sales goals
- • Payments’ experience, preferably in the travel industry is preferred.
- • Strong negotiation skills, with ability follow-through on client contracts
- • Able to multitask, prioritise, and manage time efficiently
- • Goal-oriented, organised team player
- • Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- • Self-motivated and self-directed
- • Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter, and a people-person.
- English language is key
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting position, it’d be best to directly contact Marek via Marek@PaymentGenes.com.