Podcast with Wilco Slabbekoorn From AfterPay – Arvato Financial Solutions on the future of BNPL (Buy Now Pay Later) & the impact of COVID-19
In the ninth episode of our new podcast “Voices In Payments” our host, Diederik Klopper discusses the Buy Now Pay Later landscape and what the future of payments will look like with Wilco Slabbekoorn, VP of International Sales at AfterPay – Arvato Financial Solutions.
Afterpay is a payment-after-delivery service developed by Arvato Financial Solutions, enabling businesses to offer their customers a convenient way of paying. Under the umbrella of payment-after-delivery, AfterPay offers both regular invoice products as part payment options, complemented by a direct debit option.
Listen to the podcast to find out:
- Noticeable e-commerce developments/trends in the last 4-5 months as a result of COVID-19
- The development of buy-now-pay-later(BNPL) options over the last years
- The current and future landscape for Alternative Payment Methods (APMs)
- The characteristics of merchants that have been successful in quickly adjusting to the online shift
- The major changes we can expect in the payment industry as a result of consolidation/ M&A’s in the near future
- How Afterpay cope with the changes as a result of COVID-19
- Changes in online shopping, and payment, behavior recently
- Lasting changes as a result of online shopping and payment behavior
- Even more!
If you’re curious to find out more about how Afterpay’s Innovative payment-after-delivery service enables businesses to offer their customers a convenient way of paying, please reach out to Wilco Slabbekoorn for a conversation.
About PaymentGenes’s “Voices In Payments” – The Future of Payments podcast:
The “Voices in Payments” Podcast, is an initiative launched by PaymentGenes to positively impact the payments community, by educating and connecting the market with vertical-specific industry expertise.
PaymentGenes Empowers Business growth by providing expertise-driven Recruitment, Contracting, Business Strategy Consult, and Data Strategy Services. These services all resolve and intersect around payments. Learn more about how we can help your business here.