Privacy statement PaymentGenes Group B.V.
PaymentGenes takes your privacy very seriously and treats all your personal information with great care. PaymentGenes always acts in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This document sets out PaymentGenes´ privacy statement for the use of the website (www.paymentgenes.com). It is recommended that you read this privacy statement carefully. If you have additional questions or would like further information on this topic, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of content
1. Who is PaymentGenes and how can I contact PaymentGenes?
2. What personal data does PaymentGenes processes, why and on which legal basis?
3. Does PaymentGenes share my personal data with third parties?
5. What are my rights?
6. How does PaymentGenes protect my personal data?
7. How long does PaymentGenes retain my personal data?
8. What are cookies and how does PaymentGenes uses them?
10. Where can I lodge a complaint ?
1. Who is PaymentGenes and how can I contact PaymentGenes?PaymentGenes is a consultancy and recruiting firm that focuses on today's online payments and FinTech world. The party responsible for the processing of personal data is PaymentGenes Group B.V. a private company with limited liability established and existing under the laws of The Netherlands, having its registered office in (1016 AB) Amsterdam, the Netherlands, at Singel 250, registered with the Chamber of Commerce in the Netherlands under 60026146. All questions regarding the processing of your personal data by PaymentGenes can be addressed to email@example.com, by mail via, Singel 250, 1016 AB Amsterdam, the Netherlands and by telephone via +31 (0)20 223 78 88.
2. What personal data does PaymentGenes process, why and on which legal basis?
Job applicationPaymentGenes gives you the option of submitting your CV via this website. You can do this either to apply for a specific job that is advertised, or for consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they come up. PaymentGenes also gives you the possibility to apply for a position through your LinkedIn profile. In that case PaymentGenes collects the following personal data from your LinkedIn profile: your name, profile picture, headline, current positions and e-mail address.
Third Party SourcesAs a business that actively sources talent within the niche markets of payments and FinTech, consultants from PaymentGenes actively target potential candidates and/or clients from various third party sources. We then add personal data to our internal database, only after our invitations to connect on these various third party sources are accepted. Sources include but are not limited to: LinkedIn, Xing, AngelList, Facebook, Twitter, Google, Meetup. The processing of your personal data in this context is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by PaymentGenes, namely being able to provide its services relating to recruitment.
Contact formIf you wish to contact PaymentGenes with any questions or if you need support with one of PaymentGenes´ services, you can fill in the contact form on the website. If you do so, PaymentGenes asks you to provide the following information: name, e-mail, subject, and your message or question. PaymentGenes uses this information to contact you and respond to your question or message. The processing of this personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by PaymentGenes, namely being able to serve you efficiently and to optimize PaymentGenes´ customer service.
NewsletterPaymentGenes wishes to keep you informed with the developments of its products and service. Therefore, if there is a change or an update to the service, PaymentGenes will inform you thereof only if you have signed up for PaymentGenes newsletters. If, at any moment, you do not wish to receive emails from PaymentGenes anymore, an opt-out option is provided in every newsletter email that PaymentGenes sends you. PaymentGenes uses the e-mail address you provided for sending the newsletter. The processing of this personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by PaymentGenes, namely direct marketing.
Automatically generated dataPaymentGenes automatically collects generated data about your use of the website. This information consists of your IP address (a unique number, which makes it possible to recognize your device); account activity (including storage usage, number of log-ins); data displayed or clicked-on (including UI elements, links); and other log information (including browser type, IP address, date and time of access, cookie ID, and referrer URL). PaymentGenes requires this information in order for the website to work as optimally as possible (for example, to display content correctly and to keep the website secure), the processing of this personal data is therefore necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by PaymentGenes.
3. Does PaymentGenes share my personal data with third parties?In certain circumstances, PaymentGenes may share your personal data, with third parties:
- To provide the services, PaymentGenes shares your personal data with service providers. These service providers process your personal data only on behalf of PaymentGenes. The processing by service providers is governed by a so called data processing agreement in which PaymentGenes has ensured that that the service provider shall only process the personal data on instructions of PaymentGenes.
- PaymentGenes will also provide your personal data to third parties if it is obliged to do so on account of national or international laws, case law and/or regulations, if PaymentGenes considers it necessary to do so in defense of its own rights, if this is necessary for (the improvement of) providing the services/website to you or if you have given permission to do so.
- PaymentGenes may transfer your personal data to third parties in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, sales of assets, bankruptcy or insolvency event of PaymentGenes. If needed by applicable law, PaymentGenes shall obtain your prior consent. The processing of this personal data is then necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by PaymentGenes.
4. HyperlinksThe website may contain hyperlinks which take you away from the PaymentGenes environment and to the website or application of a third party. PaymentGenes has no authority over the services and/or websites of third parties to which is linked. It therefore may be the case that for the use of those services and/or websites of third parties another privacy statement is applicable. This privacy statement is exclusively applicable to the personal data that is obtained through the website of PaymentGenes. PaymentGenes does not accept any responsibility or liability for the (use and/or content of the) services and/or websites of third parties.
5. What are my rights?Under the GDPR, you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data and the processing thereof:
- You have the right to obtain confirmation from PaymentGenes as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, access to your personal data and additional information about the processing of your personal data;
- You have the right to request from PaymentGenes, the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
- In certain cases, you have to right to ask PaymentGenes to erase your personal data (right to be forgotten);
- In certain cases, you have the right to obtain from PaymentGenes a restriction of processing of your personal data, for example when you have contested the accuracy of your personal data;
- You have the right to receive the personal data which you have provided to PaymentGenes in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit this data to another controller, where the processing is based on your consent or on a contract (see legal basis);
- You have the right to object to the processing of personal data which is based on the legitimate interests of PaymentGenes. PaymentGenes shall no longer process the personal data unless PaymentGenes demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Where personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes, you always have the right to object to the processing of personal data for such marketing. In that case, PaymentGenes shall no longer process your personal data for such purposes;
- Where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
6. How does PaymentGenes protect my personal data?PaymentGenes takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your (personal) information against loss or any form of unlawful use.
7. How long does PaymentGenes retain my personal data?PaymentGenes shall retain personally identifiable information only as long as reasonably necessary to provide the website and other services to you and others or as otherwise required for legal compliance purposes. If you fill out a contact form on the website, or send us an e-mail, the data that you send to us is stored for as long as is necessary by the nature of the form or the content of your e-mail to be fully answered and handled. If you apply for a position via the website, the PaymentGenes data retention policy is 5 years.
10. Where can I lodge a complaint?In case you suspect a breach of data protection legislation and the matter is not solved amicably between you and PaymentGenes in negotiations, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.